Digital Product Studio
- Contract type
- Start date
A well-respected Digital Product studio, specialising in the delivery of large-scale platforms is looking for a Design team lead to join them following an exciting period of change and growth within the business.
The studio is now made up of over 50 individuals across the disciplines of UX, Design, Development and Project Management, who are delivering products for well-known national and international brands whose products are used by millions of people around the world. As a business, they put a lot of emphasis on well-considered Product Design, which to them means solving genuine business problems with the user firmly in mind, and marrying that up with exceptional visual/UI design delivery. Ultimately, they're a very good place to be if you're interested in working with high-profile clients on genuinely well considered product design challenges.
The founder and management team have grown the business at a sensible speed and in a scalable way, and having now built out a very strong senior management team at C-Level and 'Head of' level they can now bring on board a Design Lead. The role of the Design Lead will be to report into the 'Head of Design' and 'Head of Product Design', whilst taking line management responsibility of the Visual/UI Design team (Currently 4 designers) whilst remaining hands-on at the earlier stages of projects and ultimately being the guardian for quality output from the team. Other day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Workshops with clients to scope projects and gather requirements
- Set early stage concepts and design-direction, whilst collaborating with the design team
- Guide team through the phases of detailed design delivery and working processes
- Leading on team 1-2-1's and appraisals - ensuring that everyone in the team has a clear and motivating plan for progression and personal development
Suitable applicants will demonstrate the following experience:
- Extensive (and demonstrable) experience designing and bringing digital products to market
- A core specialism within UI/Visual Design, combined with a solid understanding of Interaction design and product development processes
- A strong ability to articulate and present your design work confidently both internally and to senior level client stakeholders
- Experience in mentoring or managing small design teams OR the right personality attributes to do so
If you feel as though you are a suitable fit, and would be interested in finding out more then please get in touch with your portfolio and up-to-date CV