IT Project Manager
- Contract type
- Competitive + package
- West London
- Start date
A leading retail brand is looking for an IT Project Manager to be part of an IT transformation programme focused on decommissioning legacy solutions and replacing with leading edge technologies.
The retailer is embarking on a three year long programme to transform the way its technology teams work, how they deliver projects, and the technologies they use. They want to be forward thinking and strategic in the delivery of IT projects, which until now has been limited to the .com teams. They will be championing the adoption of Agile and DevOps practises.
Their currently infrastructure (including mainframe systems) supports a number of business units and business critical applications. The programme aims to decommission these and move to a cloud/PAAS environment. As the Project Manager, you will be joining at the discovery stage of the programme and be involved with planning, delivery and closure of a number of projects.
The team will be made up of internal staff and a number of SI/3rd parties and you will establish strong relationships to ensure smooth delivery. Budgets will vary from £1 – 10 million. As the business is changing, you will work with senior stakeholders and teams to help the adoption of agile practises and support the move away from a heavy governance environment.
This position is based in West London and offers a great salary and package. This is an opportunity to work across a broad range of business units within a global retailer and you will impact the future of how they work. They offer fantastic career progression and an environment that is flexible in working and development. They are open to seeing candidates from a Project Manager or Business Analyst background with a passion for retail, change and transformation.
To be considered for the IT Project Manager, you should be able to demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- Successfully delivered multiple projects concurrently within a large scale programme as a Project Manager/Delivery Manager/Business Analyst
- Extensive knowledge of Retail sector
- Strong stakeholder management – up to CxO (technical and business)
- Adaptable and flexible in project delivery approaches – should has experience with Agile, Waterfall and Prince2
- Able to motivate and lead teams in a matrix management environment
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Experience managing SI and 3rd party suppliers – getting the best out of them, ensure SLAs are met, contract negotiation
- Flexible and adaptable
- Managed budgets in excessive of £1 million
- Ideally experience delivering decommissioning programmes and knowledge of cloud technologies