Product Manager (Content)
- Contract type
This role is for a Product Manager to focus on the content side of this charity’s digital team. This position will help deliver the strategic vision across the company’s digital platforms. Further, this role is critical to the management and delivery of high-profile, consumer-facing websites and applications. For those who are dynamic, fast-paced and work well under pressure, this could be the perfect fit.
This company is at the forefront of cancer support, reaching millions of people nationwide with the aim of improving the lives of those who live with cancer, supporting their families and making change happen. Through continuous research, fundraising and sponsored events, they aim to make an impact in the global fight against cancer.
This Content Product Manager role will join the Digital Development team, to report to the Head of Digital Development. This team currently consists of a team of eight made up of a mixture of in house testers, UX designers, front-end and back-end developers, architects, creative and editorial. As it is a large company they sometimes use matric structures and are predominantly agile in their approach.
There is a chance here to make a large impact, not only within a company structure, but also in making a difference to those who need support. There is strong sense of community within this company, with the cause embedding itself within the culture and ethos. As such it is essential that this person is collaborative, passionate and energised.
- Developing and delivering digital platforms and products.
- Ensure optimal development of these products, including active management of the product lifecycle based on data and analytics.
- Providing the roadmap and delivery of one or more key digital platforms.
- Defining and delivering customer-facing products across three main areas: Fundraising; Policy & Impact; and Volunteering.
- Manage internal and externa investment, suppliers and agencies.
- Operationally manage up to fifteen digital development staff.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with Business Engagement Managers and stakeholders
This candidate will need to have significant experience of consumer-facing digital product development across the product lifecycle. Further, a background in content-led digital platform development is essential. This role stems from a product owner dynamic so a practical understanding of digital development technologies and disciplines is a must. As is a strong interest in emerging technologies and user experiences. Most importantly is a desire to work as part of a community that strive to aid a common cause with the wish to participate in group fundraisers and events to make a difference.